If it’s not clear already by our bandanas, we’re all pretty dog mad here at Distinct! So, it’s no surprise that a few of us in the office make our pooches some cake to enjoy on their special day. As my latest cake went down so well with my dog, Brody, (he even shared it with the Dogs of Distinct!) I thought I should share the recipe with all to enjoy!
For the cake:
20 cm cake tin
65g peanut butter
60ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
135g grated carrots
120g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
For the topping:
50g of natural yogurt
4 tablespoons of peanut butter
Doggy treats of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 160 fan/ Gas 4.
- Grease your cake tin
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl; mix well!
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the the flour and bicarb together and fold into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon cake mixture into your greased cake tin
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the topping by combining the yogurt and peanut butter into a smooth paste
- Spread evenly across the top of the cake and add treats for decoration (little helpers optional!)
- The cake will keep in an airtight container for 7 days
Enjoy! Lauren :)< Back to Blog