Accounts Semi Senior | Peterborough | Top 15 firm
A top 15 firm with genuine work/life balance.
Let me repeat that for those in the back, a top 15 firm with genuine work/life balance.
These guys recognise that you'll have a life outside of accounts and operate a hybrid model of 2 days at home and 3 in the office.
They're also really open about being flexible with your hours, if you need to pick the kids up from school or drop your car at the garage, it won't be an issue.
Whereas they have the resources of a large firm, their culture is that of a smaller firm where a lot of people come into the office for the social aspect and it's more of a 'family feel'
If you're keen to continue your studies through to ACA/ACCA, you'll get full study support to do this.
The benefits don't stop there, you'll also get private medical, gym discounts and an option to buy/sell holidays.
The role itself is fairly mixed where you'll be involved in everything from Accounts preparation and VAT returns to Bookkeeping and Management Accounts.
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Work on a portfolio of clients
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and to the deadline
- Develop and maintain fantastic client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Assistance with bookkeeping and VAT return preparation
- Prepare control account reconciliations and other month end procedures
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for onward submission to clients
You'll be AAT qualified (or close to) and have a decent amount of practice experience under your belt (min 1 year).
Experience with cloud accounting systems such as Xero, Sage or Quickbooks would be brilliant but not essential.
If this sounds your sort of thing, just apply to this role and I'll be in touch.
I've got a full job spec that I'd be happy to share, you can also find my contact details on the Distinct Recruitment Website (Elliot Langley)