Distinct are proud to be working with a growing Social Enterprise offering a unique opportunity to work in their Marketing team as a Digital Marketing/CRM executive. they have successfully built a trusted and respected brand who people turn to for ideas, inspiration and guidance. they have over 525k members, and expect this to grow to more than 1 million members by the end of 2021.
This is an opportunity for a talented person to play a key role in helping us to grow exponentially in the next 6-12 months and beyond. The role would be ideal for a bright individual who is looking to demonstrate their ability and gain experience in a dynamic business at a pivotal point in it’s growth. It would suit someone who has excellent analytical/mathematical skills, but can also think creatively and write excellent copy.
- University Bachelors and/or Masters degree educated, ideally in a field that demonstrates a strong grasp of Maths or English
- You have strong Excel and mathematical skills to enable you to build reports, interrogate data, analyse results and derive insights
- Excellent written skills - you’ll be able to write compelling and correct copy, whether that’s long or short-form.
- High attention to detail - your work is accurate and delivered to a high standard
- Bright, adaptable and takes initiative - you’re able to pick things up quickly and can often solve problems and work things out for yourself.
- An inquisitive mind – you’ll be relentlessly focused on thinking of new ways to test, improve and evolve campaigns to drive better results.
- The perfect blend of strategic, creative and analytical thinking.
- Empathetic and always puts the user first – you’re able to put yourself in the shoes of our members, so that you are able to understand how we can best deliver for them.
- Takes ownership – you’ll see this as your opportunity to demonstrate your ability and grow with the business.
- Ambitious with high standards – you take pride in your work and aim to deliver to the best of your ability at all times. But you’re pragmatic enough to understand when to get things done vs being a perfectionist.
- Humble with no ego – our culture is one of the reasons why our team enjoy coming into work every day (even if that’s remotely at the moment!). We’re a close-knit team and we work collaboratively.
- You never say “not in my job description” - in a fast-growing startup, we all have to be highly adaptable and be willing to roll our sleeves up.
- Ideally you’ve worked with an email marketing platform before - such as Mailchimp, Blueshift, Braze etc.
- Helping to plan, build and execute email campaigns - from our newsletters sent to around 300k people each time, to more targeted behaviour-driven and conversion-focused campaigns.
- Optimising automated trigger emails - identifying potential improvements (whether that’s Open Rate, Click Rate, Conversions etc.), building and launching tests, analysing results, and moving onto the next test.
- Working in our CRM and Analytics platforms to track performance, monitor user behaviour, and build new audience targeting segments.
- Creating campaign assets for advertising and employer clients - working with the Commercial team to understand requirements and create mockups of the campaign assets ready for client sign-off
- Constantly running A/B tests to deliver learnings and campaign improvements. You’re results-driven and excited about finding new ways to show improved performance.
- Writing copy to support your marketing activities - such as writing the content that engages our members in automated emails and newsletters etc.
- Analysing and reporting on campaign performance and A/B test results
- Support the marketing team generally - at times, you might be required to help in a different area, such as learning how to build and launch a Facebook or Google Ads campaign.
- Generally helping out anywhere you’re needed - in a start-up, we all have to roll our sleeves up to support other parts of the business at certain times when needed!
If this sounds like the challenge you are after, please apply via the link today. Don't worry if you don't have a CV ready or would prefer to have an informal chat first, just contact Harry Hartnell at Distinct Recruitment for further details.
Back to vacancies