I went to a pub at the weekend and they had ‘de-constructed fish & chips’ on the menu.
Why mess with an absolute blockbuster of a meal?
I’ve seen it a few times with job titles in finance. Titles simply not matching the job itself, job roles edited so much they're too niche or too different.
This is a proper Finance Manager job. A blockbuster of a Finance Manager job.
If you want to be a part of a growing SME, in a position which is truly varied, this could be spot on for you. It’s an SME, so, firstly, you won’t be stuck doing one thing day in, day out.
You’ll get variety. You’ll get exposure to lots of interesting projects. You will have an impact on the company. The owners will care about your point of view, your experience and your inputs.
It could suit someone, qual, part-qual, or QBE.
Ideally though, some similar sector experience would be really useful, from a retail, e-com, or supply chain style business. They import / export themselves so experience of this will be very handy.
You will report into a combination of the Directors and an experienced part-time FD who supports the company for 3/4 days per month on average.
· Management of financial accounting and management accounting processes for the business with support from a small admin and finance team
· Support the external accountants with statutory accounting, tax and VAT processes
· KPI reporting and investigation into results
· Stakeholder management across the leadership team including attendance at regular meeting for company reviews
· Support with wider office management activities
· Development of internal processes and procedures
· Experience in a retail, e-com, supply chain style business previously