“We have gone through a couple of mergers and brought a couple of businesses which has resulted in us needing an individual in the finance team. The individual must have a ‘why’ attitude, be able to work independently but have a strong all round finance background – quite possibly QBE.”
Having just spoken with a highly respected and successful business owner in Milton Keynes, we have been exclusively engaged to recruit a Finance Manager/Controller. The business are a group organisation who operate across a number of industries and they are looking for an individual with a good all round finance background to work directly under the Finance Director.
The Finance Manager will receive a salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus benefits and will have the opportunity to work both from home and in the office.
The key duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Owning month end process including analysis, commentary, and reporting
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction and revenue optimisation
- Management of the businesses financial accounting and reporting systems
- Production of accurate financial reports
- Running month end payroll
- Calculation and submission of VAT return
- Assisting the FD with year-end statutory returns
- Involvement with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ownership and management of purchase and sales ledger including credit control
- Constantly seeking ways to improve process and controls
- Ad hoc duties when required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong, all round finance background and ideally worked within an SME environment
- Have strong experience (qualifications not essential)
- Have exposure to finance systems
- Be a capable Excel user
- Have experience of managing and running payroll
- Experience of owning month end
- Be a self starter and have a ‘why’ attitude
The role and the requirements may change slightly depending on the successful candidate’s experience level, which in turn allows for a stretch in the salary and benefits package.
The successful Finance Manager will receive up to £45,000 per annum alongside 25 days holiday, statutory pension contribution, onsite parking, hybrid working and flexibility in working hours.