Are you getting bored of all Financial Controller roles being the same, lacking progression and a core finance role?
If you want a Financial Controller position with a clear route into Finance Director where you will add value, drive change and influence board then this is for you!
The permanent division of Distinct Recruitment are working alongside a high growth E-Commerce client who are currently going through an exciting period of strategic change. This growth and change of direction has resulted in the firm looking for a commercially astute Financial Controller to join their expanding finance team.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the financial reporting and controls, ensuring all new accounting and regulatory changes are embedded into the business.
- Overseeing all statutory reporting, ensuring accurate and timely submissions
- Owning month end process including creation of reports and packs to support decision making process
- Taking ownership of the finance team, currently 4 individuals including weekly and monthly meetings, reviews and development
- Supporting the Managing Director with the monthly reporting and annual budgeting process
- Be part of the senior management team, ensuring financial processes are in place to meet the strategic requirements
- Oversee the regulatory reporting submissions
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement a number of processes to increase efficiency within the business to support strategic plans
- Support the business in developing a robust cashflow process
- Stock accounting controls
- Ad hoc duties when required
The ideal Financial Controller will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Have experience of managing and leading a team
- Have experience of working within a fast paced, growth focused organisation
- Be seeking progression and have the ability to grow with the role
- Have a commercial outlook and approach to work
Having experienced a very strong 2020 which saw an upturn in business profitability, the organisation are undergoing a strategic change of direction. The new strategy is aligned with the business plans to triple business turnover within a five year period as well as mitigate future risk. The organisation are owner managed and the directors are forward thinking and innovative. Based out of Milton Keynes, the business offers an open plan, sociable working environment as well as a family feel culture.
Salary and Benefits
The Financial Controller will receive a salary of up to £65,000 per annum plus a benefits package which includes: Up to 20% bonus, progression, 33 days total holiday, pension and healthcare plan.