Global Planning Manager
A global consumer products business is looking for a Global Planning Manager (Inventory and Logistics) to help them get the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
They’re a customer driven business which puts people at the centre of every decision they make. For example, everyone in the business is on the same profit share bonus scheme so everyone gets the same annual bonus, regardless of role.
Getting a perfect balance of inventory and DC capacities is crucial to the business being able to adapt and deliver consistent service to their customers.
As their Global Planning Manager covering inventory and logistics, you’ll be the person sitting in the middle of the supply chain, making sure logistics and DC capacities are balanced with demand, forecasts, and purchasing plans.
Via your team of 20 (3 direct reports) covering warehouse & logistics planning and freight management, you’ll be…
- Creating global network capacity plans, balancing customer demand with physical logistics capabilities
- Working with forecasting and production planning teams to create inbound/outbound inventory and operational plans
- Balancing inventories across a network of global fulfilment centres based on customer demand
- Working with operational DC leadership teams to communicate plans to ensure medium-long term visibility of capacity needs
- Supporting procurement teams by providing a capacity model that allows for JIT purchasing
- Working with freight partners, providing data and plans to give them forward visibility
- Reducing network costs and working capital through effective planning
You’ll also be a senior leader in the business, responsible for coaching and developing your team.
The role can be split across East Midlands HQ, the UK DC based in the East Mids, and remote working.
A strong background in inventory and capacity management is essential. Ideally within consumer goods, however we’re open on your background. Experience across the following is ideal: Inventory planning / management across multiple sites; warehouse capacity planning; networking optimisation; SIOP or S&OP experience.
To find out more, you can either apply via this ad, or contact Joel at Distinct Recruitment.