Working as part of a small HR team, you’ll be reporting directly into the HR Director, who is full of life and personality supporting a company with a headcount of 505 across 23 sites.
You’ll be supporting the business objectives, ensuring the HR policies and procedures are implemented correctly to the business & it’s employees.
You’ll ideally be CIPD qualified to a minimum of level 5 and will get the ability to visit the key sites all across the UK when needed so must be happy with an element of travel to the role.
- Support managers with training, development and succession planning interventions, encouraging internal development opportunities
- Advising and supporting managers in all HR related issues and develop their understanding of HR best practice
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and procedures within the wider HR Team
- Co-ordination of recruitment campaigns – from authorization of vacancy to offering stage, in liaison with the Recruiting Manager
- Assist with employee offers and contract processes, and procedures in relation to internal staff changes
- To develop the people skills of managers through coaching, feedback and support so that they can manage and develop their staff effectively
- Provide general advice, guidance and supportive challenge to managers and employees for operational HR issues (in liaison with HR Director where appropriate)
- To provide weekly HR management reports as a tool to advise and support line management in the management of key areas within the business including employee relation cases, employee turnover and absenteeism
- To promote health & safety awareness at all levels within the business
- In liaison with the HR Director, take responsibility for managing specific HR projects and to contribute to the development and implementation of an HR strategy which meets the needs of the business
- 5 years’ minimum experience on managing employee relations casework
- Knowledge of job evaluation HAY methodology
- Advising, implementing and co-ordination of the business HR policies and procedures
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft system (HR system) or equivalent
- Experience of working in a large, multi-branded company
- Ideally experience of development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives
Back to vacancies