Boring isn’t it, looking through job boards and seeing the same thing time and time again. Well, if you are looking for a Second Line Support position with a twist then read on!
We are working exclusively with an International organisation to recruit for a Second Line Support Technician on a permanent basis. The position will be based from the organisations head office in Milton Keynes where you will join an existing IT team of 4 individuals.
Although the title of the position is, IT 2nd Line Support Technician, the role encompasses a little more than just ‘support’. The role will be reporting directly to the Head of IT and will involve:
- Supporting internal customers with hardware and software issues
- Build and set up new IT hardware
- Be the main point of contact for external customers to support with their outsourced services
- Trouble shoot software issues for both internal and external customers
- Work alongside key stakeholders to complete software and system updates and download new software when required
- Setting up and closing down starter and leaver accounts
- Business partnering the wider business with IT related matters including supporting sales and commercial with promoting services to new clients
- Providing a sound level of customer service to clients with regards to their outsourced IT services
- Work within agreed SLA’s and timeframes
- Ad hoc duties when required
To be considered for this particular 2nd Line Support position, candidates must have a good level of commercial acumen and be able to understand the impact of IT and their particular position within the wider organisation and external customers businesses. Ideally candidates will have a background of working within a similar position with a strong mix of software and hardware troubleshooting alongside sound IT administration skills.
If you are looking to work within a large corporation who constantly strive to develop and grow, want to be in a varied role and are looking for the opportunity to take on projects/secondments, then this position is not to be missed!