"Candidates need to be progressive, I need this person to want to step into a finance leadership role to allow my career to grow"
These words above came from the Finance Director of a rapidly expanding organisation who are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join them on a permanent basis. The organisation are based in Milton Keynes but are happy for candidates to work from home with the odd commute into the office, typically once a week. The Management Accountant will be reporting into the Finance Director who has a very strong finance background having qualified in a big 4 practice environment and working for a number of PLC organisations, therefore they are looking for an individual who can grow and develop to support their succession plans.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Full creation of monthly management accounting pack including the completion of financial statements
- Supporting the Finance Director and a range of stakeholders to develop budgets and forecasts
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliation process
- Working closely with a number of commercial leads including operations, sales and marketing alongside board
- Completion of monthly P&L analysis with attention to gross margin, profitability, revenue and overheads
- Creation of leadership reporting packs including commentary from P&L analysis
- Month end general ledger duties including completion of prepayments, accruals and journals
- Supporting the development and growth of junior team members
- Ad hoc duties when required
The ideal Management Accountant will be :
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) although finalist level applications will be considered
- Experienced in producing monthly management accounting packs
- Comfortable liaising with a range of stakeholders including board members and operational leads
- Progressive and have a clear desire to expand their career
The organisation are a fast growing, International operation who have a clear set of values which are lived and breathed by all employees. Without a doubt the business is people centric and they have a keen interest in not just making sure employees are engaged, but also that their career ambitions and drivers are met. They have a forward thinking approach and are looking to offer strong flexibility for the right person where candidates will only be required in the office (Milton Keynes) a few times a month.
Salary and Benefits
The Management Accountant will receive a salary of up to £48,000 per annum plus a very strong benefits package including, pension match scheme, healthcare, charity days, 25 days holidays plus bank as well as a great working environment in Milton Keynes.