“For this role I need a what and a why person, this isn’t just producing management accounts at month end, I need someone inquisitive and someone who wants to understand why the numbers are what they are”
This is what an FD of a fast growing organisation said to me today whilst describing the Management Accountant position that we are supporting them with. The business are a well-known, household brand who, as a result of growth, are looking to recruit a permanent Management Accountant. The role will be based within the organisations Northampton HQ however they do offer hybrid/flexible working arrangements.
The role will report directly to the FD who is looking to become more strategic and involved in business growth, therefore the Management Accountant will have the opportunity to own and manage month end, as well creating a range of insightful reports and analysis from which they will business partner key stakeholders.
The Management Accountant will receive up to £48,000 per annum plus a very strong benefits package.
The main duties of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Producing full month end management accounts
- Reviewing the financial statements and analysing any discrepancies and variances
- Business partnering a number of key stakeholders
- Creating insightful and meaningful commercial reports
- Supporting the FD with year end
- Support the FD with budgeting and forecasting
The successful candidate must:
- Be either a finalist or a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have experience of working in a similar role with a commercial viewpoint
- Be a strong communicator
- Have an analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Be a ‘why’ individual who wants to understand what is happening and why!
If you are tick the boxes above and are able to commute to Northampton a couple of days a week, then please get in touch ASAP!