Why does ambition have to be associated with being early in your career? Or, studying CIMA/ACCA?
In my eyes, ambition can come at any stage of your career. Your ambition might be to climb the ladder, it might be to build experience, or it might be to just be absolutely brilliant at your job.
This role will suit someone with the ambition of simply being great at their job. In this role you will be given the chance to drive improvements to systems, processes and ways of working. You’ll have the chance to get the role working really well and your ambition could well be to simply be a fundamental member of the company.
In regards to studies, you may be QBE, that’s absolutely fine. You could want to study slowly, or quickly, either way full study support can also be provided for the right person.
In terms of some must-haves, the client is looking for someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm for making the role a success, couple that with strong Excel skills using Pivot Tables, Vlookups etc and you’re in a great spot.
· Support with the production of full monthly management accounts and associated commentary
· Variance analysis and investigation into results
· Balance sheet reconciliations and management
· Revenue recognition and analysis
· MI and KPI reporting
· Ad-hoc project accounting
· Development of internal systems, processes and procedures
· Strong Excel skills
· Lots of drive, energy and enthusiasm to make the role as effective as it can be